One of the unfortunate (or fortunate depending on your view) side 'effects' of having a sea monkey in your tummy is that people don't really like it when you use chemicals, stains and other toxic type substances. As you all know, our house has been under a bit of remodeling for the last 10 months and we are getting closer and closer to having it done. But the closer and closer part involved staining and clear coating the furniture pieces that Russ is making so beautifully.
So what to be done?
Ask the Grandparents to be for help.
Just like our wedding location, my dad agreed right away to help us do any of this work and then forgot that he'd said that. Luckily, he didn't change his mind about either. So momter and dadter had time to give us and drove up for the long weekend. They spent lots of hours in the basement applying dyes and stains to the various pieces of our new bathroom.
It. Looks. Awesome.
They also helped us clean and install windows and other little household tasks that really help us so Russ can spend time building the rest of the kitchen. Dad also got his upper body work out by trying to rake up the 10,000 helicopters that fell from the big tree. The lawn now looks the same as before he did it :)
And what did I do while I put my parents and husband to work? Napped. And made them food. And let them tell some folks the good news - or at least be present for the telling of the good news - which I know they enjoyed immensely.
For various reasons we chose to call my grandparents Terlizzi Sunday night to tell them to expect Great Grandkid #7. Well, silly me, I called about 30 seconds before the Brewer game was to start so the conversation went something like this:
Me: "Hi Gram, hi Grandpa, Happy Memorial Day to you. Russ and I have some news we wanted to share with you. We're going to have a baby in December!"
Gram: "Oh, honey that is great, just marvelous!"
Grandpa: "Are you going to give Grandpa a boy?"
Me: "Either that or a girl."
Grandpa: "Nice talking to you honey, see you soon"
Grandma: "love you."
Click
Hope the Brewers played well. Our plan is to tell the Egelhoff side of the family in person the weekend of Graduation parties (June 13this) and then go public for everyone. So thank you for keeping it mum and your support as we learn how this all works. Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hehehe. I am loving your grandparents! I can only imagine how our birth announcements will be received during Packer season! hahahaha... Glad you guys had a productive weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun weekend even with all the work-learned lots about wood finishing! I'm so relieved we didn't mess up all that beautiful wood! Such trusting children.
ReplyDeleteWe did have time for fun, too and I lost 4 pounds this weekend-good workouts!
Brewer game vs. grandchild announcement....hmmm it's a toss up.
ReplyDeleteAnn, WTH, I didn't lose 4 pounds when I came to visit! I may have gained 4 pounds....
Tell Russ when he's done with your projects I have a few for him too.