Monday, June 15, 2009

Week 13 and we're out!

Welcome to week 13! This past weekend I headed to Grafton to visit family, celebrate a few graduations and tell some folks in person about our little Monkey. It was really fun to see people's reactions. Grandpa E got a little teary eyed ;) This means we are now officially 'out' and can open the blog up for anyone.

Still trying to get our scanner to work so you can see our blurry, grainy pictures of Monkey from last week's ultrasound. Our next scan is July 20th at which point we should know if we have a girl or boy monkey.

Thank god for my mother. Two weeks ago I ordered one of those bellaband things that lets you wear your pants for longer by keeping the top unbuttoned, but the band holds them up. Two weeks ago my pants were just starting to feel tight and hey, amazon ships quick this will work well. It's still not here and now I am down to two pairs of pants that still fit, one being sweat pants. Luckily, momter to the rescue. She cleared Kohl's out of some maternity clearance items and that was what I wore all weekend. Hopefully Amazon gets it's act together in the next few days or my coworkers are going to start looking at me funny...

This week according to the Mayo book we're now done forming all the major organs. I do feel a bit more energetic, perhaps as a result. We're on to growing bones and the ribs have started to form. Monkey can also kick and wiggle around which was clearly evident in the ultrasound last week. In theory it can even put its thumb in its mouth at this point. Awww....

Mom and Dad T are thinking about what names they want to be called as I still have two living Grandmas and Grandpas. My favorite so far has been Gramter and Grampter for those of you that understand the history there.

Russ and I are headed into Rock the Garden week so besides working we'll be sleeping. More posts coming next week.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Hope you get lots of energy through the second trimester!!! All kinds of fun stuff is going to happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmalady and Grandpaman work well :)

    Loved my bellyband!!!

    ReplyDelete